Field Service Technician
Uni-Fab, a global provider in custom fabrication of aluminum, steel and stainless-steel products has an opening for Field Service Technicians.
The Field Service Technician holds a vital role in the final stages of customer service and set up, facilitating the installation or service of various steel, stainless steel or aluminum products at customer facilities, both locally and internationally.
• Work with a team leader to ensure the product is installed or serviced as per customer requirements
• Troubleshooting and performing repair work
• Using and maintaining tools and specialized equipment
• Analyzing blueprints regularly to assist in the product installation
• Continuous learning and development are required to successfully adapt to changing work demands
• Should there not be any service requirements, the technician will be assisting with other various assembly tasks at the main Uni-Fab location in Leamington
• Attention to detail is a must. The finished product must be put together accurately and verified that it is functioning well before leaving the work site
• Must have the ability to read blueprints
• Previous metal fabrication experience is an asset
• Must be a team player than can also work independently
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Sound decision making capabilities
• Valid drivers’ license
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Maintenance, technician, or assembly experience an asset
• Regular travel to customer locations. Duration of travel could be 1-2 weeks at a time but occasionally longer depending on location and project requirements. Travel expenses will be reimbursed by Uni-Fab
• Heavy lifting and physical exertion
• Ability to work irregular hours
• Work may be indoors or outdoors
• Valid passport is required, dual citizenship is an asset
Please note that this position will require the incumbent to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at this time; subject to change as international rules change.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Uni-Fab will provide accommodations when requested by the applicant.