Uni-Fab, a global provider in custom fabrication of aluminum, steel and stainless steel products has an opening for a Designer.
The Designer will work with our customers' concepts, having the ability to generate both detailed shop and fabrication drawings.
- Develop detailed drawings from 3D models
- Select appropriate hardware and include in 3D models
- Check drawings for interference issues
- Add tolerances to drawings as directed by the project engineer
- Create Bill of Materials for each drawing
- Perform/assist in testing and evaluation of prototypes as directed
- Research and recommend commercially available product and materials for new designs
- Provide assistance to other team members and perform other duties as directed
- Must be competent in SolidWorks (both 2D and 3D)
- Experience with AutoCAD is an asset
- Basic knowledge of GD & T
- Community college certificate in mechanical design is an asset
- Experience in electro-mechanical design is an asset
- Good organizational skills
- Must be familiar with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Uni-Fab will provide accommodations when requested by the applicant.