Uni-Fab, a global provider in custom fabrication of aluminum, steel and stainless steel products has an opening for a Cost Accountant.
The Cost Accountant will support the ongoing development and maintenance of job costing, including profitability reporting and analysis. Additional responsibilities include weekly payroll processing and managing the interface between payroll and the ERP system, and supporting the Financial Controller with additional accounting functions.
- Assist in the continuing development and maintenance of job costing
- Develop and maintain tools for calculation of burden rates
- Review costs on a periodic basis and manage costing updates
- Job Profitability analysis and reporting including liaising with sales and operations for analysis
- Provide analysis for the planning of expansion
- Assist with the annual budget process
- Process weekly payroll
- Payroll related remittances, reconciliations and reporting
- Internal Payroll analysis and reporting
- Ensure proper accounting and consistent set up between the payroll software and the company ERP
- Bachelors degree in Business/Accounting or equivalent
- Accounting Designation or pursuit of one preferred
- 3-5 years experience in accounting
- Payroll experience
- Cost Accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with high credibility at all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to prioritize tasks, with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Uni-Fab will provide accommodations when requested by the applicant.